We partner with bada$$ companies that offer products that help our readers achieve their goals! If you purchase through our partner links, we get paid for the referral at no additional cost to you! Read our disclosure for more info.
When motivation is lacking at work, it can be difficult to stay focused and productive. Can motivational quotes for work make a difference and help you get on or stay on the right track?
You’d be surprised at how much a few inspirational words can help you change your mindset and create bigger, positive changes in your life.
In this blog post, we’re sharing 101 motivational quotes for work that will help you regain focus and find success.
Whether it’s short phrases from famous people or sage advice from successful business owners and entrepreneurs, these quotes are sure to give you the boost of energy needed to tackle any task.
With each of these inspirational quotes comes an explanation of who said it and what they’re known for or how it applies in the workplace.
So whether you need some extra inspiration or just want something positive to read during your lunch break, these motivational quotes for work will have you feeling motivated in no time!
101 Motivational Quotes for Work to Inspire You
Here is a short list of the different kinds of motivational quotes for work that we’re sharing in this post:
Motivational Quotes for Work Success
The following motivational quotes are all about general success in your career, but they can also apply to success in any area of your life.
1. “If you are willing to do more than you are paid to do, eventually you will be paid to do more than you do.” – Anonymous
2. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
Florence Nightingale, known as the “Lady with the Lamp,” was a pioneering nurse, statistician, and social reformer who revolutionized healthcare.
3. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill was a British statesman, politician, and Prime Minister who served during both World War I and II, playing an instrumental role in leading the United Kingdom to victory.
4. “The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well.” – John D. Rockefeller
John D. Rockefeller was an American industrialist and philanthropist who founded Standard Oil Company and is widely regarded as one of the wealthiest individuals in modern history.
5. “Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose.” – G.K. Nielson
G.K. Nielson was an influential author, businessperson, and motivational speaker who believed strongly in the power of hard work and dedication in achieving success.
6. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
Jim Rohn is a renowned American entrepreneur and motivational speaker, who is widely recognized as one of the most influential thinkers in personal development. He also wrote popular books on wealth and finance, including 7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness, The Power of Ambition, and The Art of Exceptional Living.
7. “There are no limits to what can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit.” – John Wooden
John Wooden was an American basketball coach and a legendary figure in the world of sports, best known for his influence and success as the head coach of the UCLA men’s basketball team.
8. “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed.” – Tony Robbins
Tony Robbins is a renowned American author, life coach, and motivational speaker who has achieved worldwide success with his best-selling books, including “Unshakeable” and “Awaken the Giant Within.”
Motivational Quotes About Dreams and Goals
These motivational quotes for work are all about setting goals and achieving your dreams.
9. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
Walt Disney was a pioneering animator, film producer, and entrepreneur who revolutionized the entertainment industry and created the empire that is Disney.
10. “No matter how small you start, always dream big.” – Anonymous
11. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt was an influential American political figure, activist, and diplomat who served as the First Lady of the United States from 1933 to 1945.
12. “Don’t be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ralph Waldo Emerson was an American essayist, lecturer, and poet who played a pivotal role in the development of Transcendentalism.
13. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” – Robin Williams
Robin Williams was an acclaimed actor, comedian, and singer-songwriter who achieved worldwide fame and many awards for his incredible performances.
14. “Dream big and dare to fail.” – Norman Vaughan
Norman Vaughan was a renowned American polar explorer and dog sled racer who made history by becoming the oldest man to reach the South Pole at the age of 88.
15. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France
Anatole France was a French poet, journalist, and novelist who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1921 for his prodigious literary output.
16. “Achieving your goals shouldn’t be about proving anything to anyone else; it should be about proving something to yourself.” – Anonymous
17. “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
C.S. Lewis was a British writer, scholar, and Christian apologist who is best known for his works of fiction such as The Chronicles of Narnia.
18. “If your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough” – Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is a Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and the first female president of Liberia who has devoted her life to fighting corruption, poverty, and inequality.
19. “The key to success is to focus on goals, not obstacles.” – Unknown
20. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
Jim Rohn was an American entrepreneur, author, and motivational speaker who had a major influence on the personal development industry.
Motivational Quotes About Fear and Failure
These motivational quotes for work are all about overcoming the fear of failure.
21. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” – Paulo Coelho
Paulo Coelho is a Brazilian novelist, lyricist, and essayist who is best known for his novel, The Alchemist.
22. “It’s not whether you get knocked down; It’s whether you get up again.” – Vince Lombardi
Vince Lombardi was an influential American football coach who is widely regarded as one of the greatest coaches in NFL history, having led the Green Bay Packers to five league championships in the 1960s.
23. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
Og Mandino was a renowned American author, speaker, and business consultant who wrote the best-selling book, The Greatest Salesman in the World.
24. “Successful people are not afraid of failure but understand how valuable it really is.” – Unknown
25. “Success is not a good teacher. Failure makes you humble.” – Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan is an Indian actor, producer, and philanthropist who has starred in more than 80 Hindi films and has become one of the most influential and successful actors in India.
26. “If you are afraid of failure, you don’t deserve success!” – Naveen Jain
Naveen Jain is an Indian entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist who has founded several successful companies such as Moon Express, Intelius, and World Innovation Institute.
27. “No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.” – Buddha
Buddha was an Indian spiritual teacher whose teachings of the Four Noble Truths and Eightfold Path, among other practices and beliefs, have been a foundation of Buddhism.
28. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill was a legendary British leader who led the United Kingdom through some of its darkest days during World War II.
29. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
Rosa Parks was an inspirational civil rights leader who famously refused to give up her seat on a bus in 1955, sparking the Montgomery Bus Boycott and the beginnings of the civil rights movement.
30. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
Confucius was a Chinese philosopher and educator whose teachings of moral values, social relationships, justice, and righteousness have been a source of guidance and inspiration for millions of people around the world.
Motivational Quotes About Opportunity
These inspirational quotes for work are all about creating your own opportunities and seizing the moment.
31. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
Wayne Gretzky is considered to be one of the greatest hockey players of all time, having scored over 894 career goals and 2,857 points.
32. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – John Wooden
John Wooden was an American basketball coach and player who is widely regarded as one of the greatest coaches in NCAA history, having won 10 NCAA championships.
33. ”If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door!” – Milton Berle
Milton Berle was an iconic American comedian, actor, and television host who is widely credited with making the medium of television popular in the United States.
34. ”Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others.” – Brian Tracy
Brian Tracy is a renowned motivational speaker and author who has written numerous books about success and personal development, including “Maximum Achievement” and “Eat That Frog!”
35. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
Alexander Graham Bell was an influential inventor, scientist, and businessman best known for inventing the telephone.
36. “Life isn’t about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
George Bernard Shaw was an Irish playwright and critic who was widely regarded as one of the greatest writers of the 20th century.
37. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker
Peter Drucker was a renowned Austrian-born American management consultant, educator, and author who is widely regarded as one of the most influential figures in the field of management and organizational theory.
Motivational Quotes for Work Hustle
These hustle quotes will remind you of the importance of elbow grease and hard work in everything that you do.
38. “Things may come to those who wait but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln was an American statesman and the 16th President of the United States who played an instrumental role in abolishing slavery, preserving the Union, and promoting economic development.
39. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you don’t stop.” – Confucius
Confucius was a renowned philosopher and teacher whose teachings of morality, justice, righteousness, and social relationships have had an enduring impact on people around the world.
40. “Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving, They make mistakes but don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
Conrad Hilton was an incredibly successful businessman who founded the multi-billion dollar hospitality giant, Hilton Hotels.
41. “Success isn’t always about greatness; it’s about consistency. Consistent, hard work gains success.” – Dwayne Johnson
Dwayne Johnson, also known as The Rock, is a highly successful American actor and professional wrestler who has achieved international fame for his achievements in both fields.
42. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
Amelia Earhart was an American aviator and aviation pioneer who became the first female pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean, setting a world record at the time.
43. “The winning combination is faith and work!” – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was an Indian scientist and politician who served as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007.
44. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
Sam Levenson was an American author, humorist, and television personality who had a long career in broadcasting and was known for his wit and wisdom.
45. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.” – Colin Powell
Colin Powell was an American statesman and retired four-star general who served as the 65th United States Secretary of State from 2001 to 2005.
46. “If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all.” – Michelangelo Buonarroti
Michelangelo Buonarroti was a renowned Italian Renaissance artist, sculptor, architect, and poet who is most famously known for painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and sculpting the iconic statue of David.
Motivational Quotes About Mindset
The following motivational quotes for work are all about shifting your mental attitude and mindset so that you can start to take positive action.
47. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Franklin D. Roosevelt was the 32nd President of the United States, who served from 1933 to 1945 and was instrumental in leading the country through the Great Depression and World War II.
48. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
Henry Ford was an American industrialist and innovator best known for founding the Ford Motor Company and pioneering assembly-line manufacturing processes that revolutionized the automotive industry.
49. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” – John C. Maxwell
John Maxwell is an internationally renowned author, speaker, and leadership coach who has written over 70 books on leadership, success, and personal development, including The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership and the 5 Levels of Leadership.
50. “Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as successful.” – Dr. Robert Anthony
Dr. Robert Anthony was an American author, speaker, and psychotherapist who is best known for his bestselling books on personal development, such as The Ultimate Secrets of Total Self-Confidence.
51. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ralph Waldo Emerson was an American essayist, lecturer, and poet who was a leading figure in the mid-19th century transcendentalist movement.
52. “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
Maya Angelou was an acclaimed American poet, novelist, singer, and civil rights activist who is best known for her autobiographical works like ‘I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings’ and her books of poetry.
53. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt was an influential American political figure and diplomat who served as the First Lady of the United States from 1933 to 1945 under President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
54. “Your future depends on many things, but mostly on you.” – Frank Tyger
Frank Tyger was an American writer and cartoonist.
55. “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s how you carry it.” – Lou Holtz
Lou Holtz was an American football player, coach, and sports commentator, best known for his successful coaching career at the University of Notre Dame, where he led the Fighting Irish to their first national championship in over 35 years.
56. “You can’t have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time.” – Charles F. Kettering
Charles F. Kettering was an American inventor, engineer, and businessman who is best known for inventing the electrical self-starter which revolutionized the automotive industry.
58. “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” – Dennis P. Kimbro
Dennis P. Kimbro was an American author, speaker, and scholar who wrote many books on success and personal development, including Think and Grow Rich, which is also on our list of best business books.
Motivational Quotes About Empowerment
The following motivational quotes for work are all about empowerment, which is an essential quality for becoming a better leader or manager or simply living your best life.
59. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
Alice Walker was an American novelist, poet, and activist, who is best known for her Pulitzer Prize-winning novel The Color Purple.
60. “Your self-belief and hard work will always earn you success.” – APJ Abdul Kalam
APJ Abdul Kalam was an Indian scientist, engineer, and politician who served as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007.
61. “Just when the caterpillar thought her life was over, she began to fly.” – Anonymous
62. “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Christopher Columbus
Christopher Columbus was an Italian explorer and navigator who is credited with being the first European to discover the New World when he landed in the Caribbean in 1492.
63. “Believe in yourself and all that you are; know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
Christian D. Larson was an inspirational author, philosopher, and New Thought leader who wrote numerous books on how to cultivate a positive mindset and achieve success in life.
64. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt was an American statesman, politician, conservationist, and Nobel Peace Prize winner who served as the 26th President of the United States.
65. “If you want something you’ve never had, then you need to do something that you’ve never done before.” – Unknown
66. “You must do the things that you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt was an American politician, diplomat, activist, and a notable figure in 20th-century history who served as the First Lady of the United States from 1933 to 1945. She was a champion of human rights and is often referred to as “The First Lady of the World.”
Motivational Quotes to Start Something New
These inspirational quotes for work will inspire you to take that first step — whether it’s to start a business, a new project, or just choose a new direction.
67. “It’s never too late to be whoever you want to be.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
F. Scott Fitzgerald was an American author, novelist, and short story writer who is widely regarded as one of the greatest authors of the 20th century.
68. “If we did all the things we were capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” – Thomas Edison
Thomas Edison was a groundbreaking inventor, engineer, and businessman who most famously invented the light bulb.
69. “Start where you are, use what you have, and do what you can do.” – Arthur Ashe
Arthur Ashe was an American professional tennis player and social justice activist who was the first African American to win the men’s singles titles at the US Open, Wimbledon, and Australian Open.
70. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Franklin D. Roosevelt was an American politician who served as the 32nd President of the United States from 1933 to 1945.
71. “Your greatest self has been waiting your whole life; don’t make it wait any longer.” – Steve Maraboli
Steve Maraboli is an American author, motivational speaker, and behavioral scientist whose inspiring words have touched the hearts of millions around the world.
72. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
Mark Twain was a renowned American author, essayist, and humorist who gained recognition for his iconic works such as ‘The Adventures of Tom Sawyer’ and ‘The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.’
73. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
74. “Success looks different to everyone and it can mean something new at any stage of your life.” – Jessica Herrin
Jessica Herrin is an American businesswoman, entrepreneur, and philanthropist who is the founder and executive chairman of the global direct-selling company Stella & Dot.
75. “Start where you are, use what you have, and accomplish your goals.” – Zig Ziglar
Zig Ziglar was an American author, motivational speaker, and business consultant whose contagious positivity and inspirational words have inspired generations to reach their full potential.
Motivational Quotes About the Journey
The following motivational quotes for work are all about the journey — not the destination.
76. “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
Lao Tzu was an ancient Chinese philosopher and founder of Taoism.
77. “Success is not a destination but the road that you’re on. Being successful means that you’re working hard and walking your walk every day. You can only live your dream by working hard towards it. That’s living your success.” – Mary Lou Retton
Mary Lou Retton is an American former gymnast and Olympic gold medalist who became the first female to win the individual all-around title in 1984.
78 “Successful people don’t become that way overnight. Be patient and celebrate every small victory along the way.” – Joel Brown
Joel Brown is an inspirational figure and thought leader who encourages his followers to celebrate their small victories on the road to success.
79. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss
Dr. Seuss was an American author, poet, and animator who wrote beloved children’s books, such as ‘The Cat in the Hat’ and ‘Green Eggs and Ham.”
80. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
Robert Collier was an American author, publisher, and entrepreneur who wrote the best-selling inspirational book, The Secret of the Ages.
81. “It doesn’t matter where you are coming from; All that matters is where you are going” – Brian Tracy
Brian Tracy is an internationally renowned motivational speaker, author, and success coach.
82. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
Beverly Sills was an American operatic soprano who achieved international stardom in the 1950s and 1960s.
83. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” – Seneca
Seneca was a Roman Stoic philosopher, statesman, and dramatist who wrote extensively on topics of morality and ethics during the 1st century AD.
Motivational Quotes About Courage
The following motivational quotes for work are about finding the courage to keep moving.
84. “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt was an American political figure, activist, and diplomat who served as the First Lady of the United States from 1933 to 1945.
85. “It’s never too late to be who you might have been.” – George Eliot
George Eliot was an English novelist, poet, journalist, and translator of the 19th century.
86. “The only limits in our life are those we impose on ourselves.” – Bob Proctor
Bob Proctor is an inspirational speaker, author, and acclaimed success coach.
87. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk… In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” – Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg is the co-founder and CEO of Facebook.
88. “What seems impossible today will one day become your warm-up routine.” – Anonymous
89. “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” – George Sheehan
George Sheehan was an American cardiologist and author who wrote several books about running and meditation, including his best-known work, Running & Being: The Total Experience.
90. “You have to be at your strongest when you’re feeling at your weakest.” – Unknown
91. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela was an influential figure and anti-apartheid revolutionary who served as the president of South Africa from 1994 to 1999.
Motivational Quotes About Positivity
The following positive quotes will help you to remember that things are not always as bad as they seem and that a positive mindset is always within your power.
92. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs was an inspiring entrepreneur and visionary leader who co-founded Apple Inc. and revolutionized the way people interact with technology through the introduction of the iPhone.
93. “Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.” – Shiv Khera
Shiv Khera is an Indian author and motivational speaker who is best known for his inspiring book, You Can Win, which has sold over 3 million copies worldwide.
94. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
Michael Jordan is a legendary basketball player, widely considered to be one of the greatest athletes in history.
95. “Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day.” – Alice Morse Earle
Alice Morse Earle was an American historian and author who specialized in the history of colonial America, women’s history, and material culture.
97. “Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being.” – Kevin Kruse
Kevin Kruse is an American entrepreneur, author, and leadership expert who has authored numerous books on success and personal development, including the bestselling book, 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management.
96. “Successful entrepreneurs are givers and not takers of positive energy.” – Anonymous
98. “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
Ronald Reagan was an American politician who served as the 40th President of the United States from 1981 to 1989.
100. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.” – Helen Keller
Helen Keller was an American author, political activist, and lecturer who overcame the challenges of being deaf and blind to become a powerful advocate for people with disabilities and those in need.
99. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
Mae West was an iconic American actress, singer, playwright, and sex symbol of the early 20th century.
101. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
Norman Vincent Peale was an American minister and author who became well-known for his inspirational teachings and wrote the best-selling book, The Power of Positive Thinking.
Summary of the Best Motivational Quotes for Work
Motivational and inspirational quotes are an important part of any successful workday. They can provide guidance, inspiration, and positivity to help you stay on the right track and reach your goals.
Whether you are looking for encouragement to get started, motivation to keep going, or the courage to take risks, we hope that this list of motivational quotes for work can inspire you.
What’s your favorite motivational quote for work from this list?
Let us know in the comments!