We partner with bada$$ companies that offer products that help our readers achieve their goals! If you purchase through our partner links, we get paid for the referral at no additional cost to you! Read our disclosure for more info.
Hard work quotes are inspiring words of wisdom that can help motivate and encourage us to strive for success. Hard work is often the key to achieving our goals, yet it can be difficult to stay motivated and keep pushing through when things get tough.
Quotes about hard work can offer insight and perspective on the importance of diligence and perseverance in the face of adversity.
So if you’re looking for motivation or just need a little reminder of how powerful hard work can be, then these quotes may provide just what you need.
Here is a collection of some great hard work quotes from famous people and authors who have achieved success in their life.
Let these words inspire you to put in your best effort and reach your highest potential!
Best Hard Work Quotes to Motivate You to Move
The following hard work quotes are categorized by how they can help you (i.e. consistency, perseverance, motivation, etc.).
Best Quotes for Work
These best quotes for work are a round-up of some of our favorites from this list of hard work quotes.
Check out our list of best life quotes for more inspiration.
1. “When you play, play hard; when you work, don’t play at all.” — Theodore Roosevelt
2. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” — Steve Jobs
3. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” — Tim Notke
4. “You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying to do the best you can every day.” — Marian Wright Edelman
5. “Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy.” — Robert Half
6. “If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, ‘Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. “If you try and lose then it isn’t your fault. But if you don’t try and we lose, then it’s all your fault.” — Orson Scott Card
8. “The only difference between success and failure is the ability to take action.” — Alexander Graham Bell
9. “We learned about dignity and decency, that how hard you work matters more than how much you make, that helping others means more than just getting ahead of yourself.” — Michelle Obama
10. “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” — Oprah Winfrey
11. “Believe in yourself, work hard, work smart, and passionately present your best self to the world.” — Hill Harper
12. “Prosperity will never come as long as we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” — Barack Obama
13. “Sometimes there’s not a better way. Sometimes there’s only the hard way.” — Mary E. Pearson
Short Quotes About Hard Work
These short, inspirational quotes about work are good quick reminders that hard work will pay off. We just have to be patient.
14. “I never dreamt of success. I worked for it.” — Estée Lauder
15. “The future depends on what you do today.” — Mahatma Gandhi
16. “I learned the value of hard work by working hard.” — Margaret Mead
17. “If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.” — Banksy
18. “There are no shortcuts to anyplace worth going.” — Beverly Sills
19. “Without labor nothing prospers.” — Sophocles
20. “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” — Babe Ruth
21. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” — Steve Jobs
22. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” — Fred Devito
23. “Run to the fire; don’t hide from it.” — Meg Whitman
24. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” — Harry Golden
25. “With hard work and dedication, anything is possible.” — Timothy Weah
Hard Work Quotes About Persistence
These hard work quotes stand out as a stark reminder that hard work and perseverance are the true keys to success.
Check out our list of success quotes for more inspiration.
26. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life — and that is why I succeed.” — Michael Jordan
27. “Success comes from hard work, energy, and persistence.” — Colin Powell
28. “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” — Thomas Jefferson
29. “Successful people never give up on their dreams; they just adjust them as needed and keep going.” — Unknown
30. “When you have a great and difficult task, something perhaps almost impossible, if you only work a little at a time, every day a little, suddenly the work will finish itself.” — Isak Dinesen
31. “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” — Calvin Coolidge
32. “With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.” — Thomas Fowell Buxton
33. “Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
34. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” — Amelia Earhart
35. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” — Margaret Thatcher
36. “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.” — Colin Powell
37. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” — Albert Einstein
Confidence and Hard Work Quotes
These hard work quotes are all about having the confidence to know that we can make amazing things happen.
Confidence comes from within, so if you find yourself lacking, check out this list of motivating quotes about memories to get some inspiration.
38. “Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.” — John Wooden
39. “It’s not about how much you can do; it’s about how much you can endure with determination and dedication towards your goals. Hard work pays off!” — David Goggins
40. “If you want to be successful, you must respect one rule: never lie to yourself.” — Paulo Coelho
41. “There is no elevator to success; you have to take the stairs.” — Zig Ziglar
42. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.” — Maya Angelou
43. “If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” — Elon Musk
44. “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” — Thomas Jefferson
45. “You are your greatest asset. Put your time, effort, and money into training.” — Tom Hopkins
46. “Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goals: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.” — Louis Pasteur
47. “To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.” — Mark Twain
48. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” — Maya Angelou
49. “Work is the best friend I have ever known. It has brought me all the good things I have had.” — John Soforic
Motivational Quotes for Working Hard
These motivational quotes for work will help you find the self-belief that you can do this, all you need is a little motivation and that push to get started.
50. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” — Arthur Ashe
51. “Obstacles can’t stop you. Problems can’t stop you. Most of all, other people can’t stop you. Only you can stop you.” — Jeffrey Gitomer
52. “Success isn’t something that just happens – success is learned, success is practiced and then it is shared.” — Spike Lee
53. “What you don’t sweat out when you’re young will turn into tears when you’re old.” — Japanese Proverb
54. “Success is not something that just happens; success is earned through hard work and dedication.” — Seth Godin
55. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” — Dale Carnegie
56. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” — Walt Disney
57. “The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense.” — Thomas Edison
58. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
59. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” — Michael Phelps
60. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” — John Maxwell
61. “Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room.” — Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
Hard Work Quotes About Perseverance
Perseverance is essential for success, as it helps us to keep going and never give up no matter how difficult a situation may be. It teaches us to stay motivated and focused on our goals, no matter how long it takes or how many obstacles we may face.
62. “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another.” — Walter Elliott
63. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” — Pele
64. “There is no substitute for hard work. Never give up. Never stop believing. Never stop fighting.” — Hope Hicks
65. “It’s not that I’m so smart; it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” — Albert Einstein
66. “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” — Winston Churchill
67. “Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No Excuses.” — Kobe Bryant
68. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” — Steve Jobs
69. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” — Thomas Edison
70. “It’s not about money or connections. It’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone.” — Mark Cuban
71. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” — Newt Gingrich
72. “I’ve worked too hard and too long to let anything stand in the way of my goals. I will not let my teammates down, and I will not let myself down.” — Mia Hamm
73. “The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.” — Confucius
Quotes About Hard Work and Success
Success rarely comes easily and it usually requires hard work, dedication, and countless hours of effort. The following hard work quotes about success will help to motivate and inspire you to keep pushing forward and never give up.
74. “Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose.” — G.K. Nielson
75. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” — Jim Rohn
76. “Success is not a good teacher, failure makes you humble.” — Shah Rukh Khan
77. “Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” — David Bly
78. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” — Stephen King
79. “I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but should get you pretty near.” — Margaret Thatcher
80. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” — Vidal Sassoon
81. “The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive, and passion, it’s possible to achieve the American dream.” — Tommy Hilfiger
82. “I never viewed myself as particularly talented. Where I excel is ridiculous, sickening work ethic. You know, while the other guy’s sleeping, I’m working.” — Will Smith
83. “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” — Jimmy Johnson
84. “This is the real secret of life—to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. Instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” — Alan Wilson Watts
85. “Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Work Hard Quotes About Consistency
Consistency is key when it comes to hard work and achieving success. It’s easy to get distracted or lose motivation, but if you stay consistent and keep pushing forward, even the most difficult goals are within reach.
The following hard work quotes about consistency can help to encourage and motivate you to stay on track and continue working hard.
86. “It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.” — Confucius
87. “The only way to achieve success in life is through hard work and dedication with courage and consistency.” — Hrithik Roshan
88. “Nothing can substitute for just plain hard work.” — Andre Agassi
89. “Continuous effort—not strength or intelligence—is the key to unlocking our potential.” — Winston Churchill
90. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” —Dwayne Johnson
91. “The only thing standing between you and outrageous success is continuous progress.” — Dan Waldschmidt
92. “I would rather risk wearing out than rusting out.” — Theodore Roosevelt
93. “The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!” — Marvin Phillips
94. “Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally, it comes from what you do consistently.” — Marie Forleo
95. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” — Robert Collier
96. “Slight persistent effort can move you successfully forward in anything you do.” — Kelli Wilson
97. “Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must set yourself on fire.” — Reggie Leach
Quotes About Work and Achievement
Hard work is essential for achieving success. As the saying goes, “No pain, no gain” – it takes dedication and effort to achieve anything great. The world’s greatest athletes, entrepreneurs, and leaders all seem to agree on this one.
The following hard work quotes about achievement can help to motivate and inspire you to keep striving towards your goals.
98. “If I have a thousand ideas and only one turns out to be good, I am satisfied.” — Alfred Nobel
99. “The harder you work for something, the greater you will feel when you achieve it.” — Anonymous
100. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” — Og Mandino
101. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” — Tony Robbins
102. “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” — Vince Lombardi
103. “Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don’t turn up at all.” — Sam Ewing
104. “Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.” — Augusta F. Kantra
105. “If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission.” — Anonymous
106. “Nothing truly worthwhile can ever come without hard work and commitment.” — David Goggins
107. “If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all.” — Michelangelo
108. “Hard work is a prison sentence only if it does not have meaning. Once it does, it becomes the kind of thing that makes you grab your wife around the waist and dance a jig.” — Malcolm Gladwell
109. “If you work hard and meet your responsibilities, you can get ahead, no matter where you come from, what you look like or who you love.” — Barack Obama
FAQs About Hard Work Quotes
What are 5 positive quotes?
These quotes remind us that hard work is essential for success and that believing in yourself can make all the difference.
1. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” — Steve Jobs
2. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” — Fred Devito
3. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do.” — Jim Rohn
4. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
5. “Successful people never worry about what others are doing.” — Unknown
What is the best quote for work?
The best work quotes are a matter of personal opinion, but one that stands out and applies to a variety of types of work in life is: “Do what you love and success will follow.” – Unknown. If what you do makes you happy, you will be successful no matter what because success isn’t only measured in monetary value.
What is the quote hard work and smart work?
“Work smarter, not harder.” is a popular phrase coined Allen F. Morgenstern in the 1930s. It encourages people to focus on being efficient and effective when it comes to work. By applying the right strategies and techniques, you can increase productivity without exerting any more effort. In other words, hard work is necessary but smart work will always be more productive.
Key Takeaways for Hard Work Quotes
The power of hard work quotes is undeniable. They can inspire us to reach for bigger and better things in life, give us the courage to take risks and make a change, and serve as reminders that consistent hard work is what leads to success.
Hard work pays off in the end; it’s up to us to put in the time, energy, and determination needed to get there.
With that said, here are some key tips and takeaways from this article on hard work quotes:
- Good intentions and plans won’t get you anywhere without implementation and hard work.
- Satisfaction lies in the hard work, not in the end goal or the desired result.
- Having faith and confidence in yourself is essential for reaching your potential and achieving what you want in life.
- Find motivation within yourself and when you find that lacking, surround yourself with positive people with great work ethics.
- Have patience, stay persistent, and remember that perseverance, especially in the face of failure, is what will make all the difference in the end.
- Consistent hard work leads to successful one step at a time.
These hard work quotes remind us that hard work is essential for success and that believing in yourself can make all the difference.
With these takeaways, you’re ready to start working hard and achieving your goals!
Remember that it’s the journey that matters – not the end goal.
What are your favorite quotes about hard work? Let us know in the comments below!