We partner with bada$$ companies that offer products that help our readers achieve their goals! If you purchase through our partner links, we get paid for the referral at no additional cost to you! Read our disclosure for more info.
Do you need a little extra willpower and motivation to achieve success this year or the next? Success quotes can provide inspiring words of wisdom that can give you that extra push.
It’s never too late to start thinking about how you can make this year your best yet and what better way than to start it off with a kick full of inspiration?
These quotes on success come from top industry leaders and include important life lessons you can learn from to make small or larger positive changes in your life.
From business magnates like Warren Buffett, Apple CEO Tim Cook, and Amazon founder Jeff Bezos to social media influencers like Kim Kardashian and Ariana Grande, these success quotes will help you stay on track with your goals and ambitions for this year.
105 Quotes About Success
These wise words are broken up into a few different categories related to success and motivation.
Motivational Success Quotes
These motivational success quotes offer words of wisdom that remind us to believe in ourselves, take risks, and keep striving for our goals no matter how hard they may seem.
1. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
2. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” – John Maxwell
3. “In most things success depends on knowing how long it takes to succeed.” – Montesquieu
4. “Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
5. “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” – T. Harv Eker
6. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
7. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
8. “A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiasm.” – Charles Schwab
9. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
10. “If you can’t yet do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napoleon Hill
Quotes About Positive Thinking
By reflecting on these success quotes about positive thinking, you will start to become more aware of the internal and external forces that have been holding you back, which will then give you the drive to take action and achieve success.
11. “The day you decide to be positive and happy, your life will change for the better.” – Anonymous
12. “A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.” – Joyce Meyer
13. “Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors. Keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become habits. Keeps habits positive because they then can become who you are.” – Mahatma Gandhi
14. “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
15. “Positive thinking will let you use the ability which you have, and that is awesome.” – Zig Ziglar
16. “Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.” – Shiv Khera
17. “A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positivity within your life.” – Emmitt Smith
18. “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.” – Anthony Hopkins
19. “Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them.” – Jack Canfield
20. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” – Willie Nelson
Quotes About Success in Personal Growth
Achieving success is a journey, not a destination. You don’t need to have it all figured out at once but instead focus on continual growth and development.
21. “When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. When life is bitter, say thank you and grow.” – Shauna Niequist
22. “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.” – Stephen King
23. “You can’t control what happens to you in life, but you can always control how you react and what you make of it.” – Anonymous
24. “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Francis of Assisi
25. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
26. “If you want to change your life, start by changing your attitude.” – Anonymous
27. “Every single day, do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.” – Doug Firebaugh
28. “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin
29. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
30. “The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes.” – William James
These quotes about success and achievement will help to give you a little push towards realizing that greatness always live within us.
31. “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.” – Ayn Rand
32. “If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission.” – Anonymous
33. “The only thing that stands between you and your dream is the will to try and the belief that it is actually possible.” – Joel Brown
34. “Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement.” – Henry Ford
35. “Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you.” – Dr. Charles Richard Drew
36. “Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
37. “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
38. “Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success.” – C. S. Lewis
39. “For the great doesn’t happen through impulse alone, and is a succession of little things that are brought together.” – Vincent van Gogh
40. “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.” – Abraham Lincoln
Success Quotes About Work
Here are some success quotes to remind you that nothing beats putting in hard work, determination, and dedication to reach your goals.
41. “Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” – David Bly
42. “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vince Lombardi
43. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
44. “Get a good idea and stay with it. Dog it, and work at it until it’s done right.” – Walt Disney
45. “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” – Vince Lombardi
46. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
47. “Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally; It comes from what you do consistently.” – Marie Forleo
48. “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” – Alexander Graham Bell
49. “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
50. “Work until your bank account looks like a phone number.” – Unknown
Quotes About Success Within Yourself
Finding peace and success is an inside job. People who are successful in life have learned to look within themselves and find the answers that they seek.
51. “Success isn’t about how your life looks to others, it’s about how it feels to you.” – Unknown
52. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
53. “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” – George Sheehan
54. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
55. “Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
56. “Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable.” – John Wooden
57. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Herman Melville
58. “There are three ways to ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind.” – Mister Rogers
59. “Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
60. “We cannot solve problems with the kind of thinking we employed when we came up with them.” – Albert Einstein
Life Success Quotes
Success is relative, and everyone defines success differently. These quotes will help you to reframe your thoughts and to focus on what matters most for living a successful life.
61. “Success isn’t about how much money you make; it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama
62. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
63. “If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.” – John D. Rockefeller
64. “Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
65. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
66. “Success is not a destination, but the road that you’re on. Being successful means that you’re working hard and walking your walk every day. You can only live your dream by working hard towards it. That’s living your dream.” – Mary Lou Retton
67. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” – Bill Gates
68. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
69. “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.” – Vernon Sanders Law
70. “Successful people are simply those with successful habits.” – Brian Tracy
Quotes About Success and Failure
The road to success is not always linear and it often comes with lots of failures. These life success quotes can help you stay motivated to keep going despite the roadblocks you may encounter.
71. “I have not failed; I have just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
72. “Success consists of walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
73. “Failure is success in progress.” – Albert Einstein
74. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
75. “Don’t be afraid of failure. This is the way to succeed.” – LeBron James
76. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
77. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
78. “Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.” – Confucius
79. “Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.” – George Bernard Shaw
80. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Secrets to Success Quotes
These secrets to success quotes will help you stay focused on the path ahead, no matter how long or challenging it may be.
84. “The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well.” – John D. Rockefeller
82. “The secret of success is making your vocation your vacation.” – Mark Twain
83. “The secret of success is consistency of purpose.” – Benjamin Disraeli
81. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
85. “The secret of success in every field is redefining what success means to you. It can’t be your parent’s definition, the media’s definition, or your neighbor’s definition. Otherwise, success will never satisfy you.” – RuPaul
Quotes About Success in Business
Success in business is about having the right attitude and staying focused. These success quotes can help you stay motivated and keep working towards your goals.
86. “Successful entrepreneurs have one common trait: passion for their work.” – Bill Gates
87. “Successful entrepreneurs are givers and not takers of positive energy.” – Anonymous
88. “You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.” – Oprah Winfrey
89. “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” – Estée Lauder
90. “Success isn’t about the end result, it’s about what you learn along the way.” – Vera Wang
Team Success Quotes
Success in teamwork is about working together towards a common goal. These team success quotes will help you stay motivated and focused on the task at hand.
Related: 45 Quotes That Celebrate Teamwork
91. “Individual honors come with team success.” – Gilbert Arenas
92. “Success in management requires learning as fast as the world is changing.” – Warren Bennis
93. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
94. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
95. “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” – George Shinn
96. “Success is best when it’s shared.” – Howard Schultz
97.“ If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” – Henry Ford
98. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
99.“ It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” – Napoleon Hill
100.” Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.” – Henry Ford
Other Success Quotes
Here are a final few quotes on success to wrap things up.
101. “Success is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.” – Jim Rohn
102. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” – Robert Kiyosaki
103. “The key to success is action, and the essential in action is perseverance.” – Sun Yat-sen
104. “Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.” – Tony Robbins
105. “Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.” – Orison Swett Marden
FAQs About Success Quotes
What are the best quotes about success?
There are many inspiring quotes about success. Some of the most popular and motivating include: “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” by Winston Churchill, and “If you want to succeed, you have to let failure be your best friend!” by Yogi Bhajan. Finally, “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” is a popular success quote by Steve Jobs.
What are 5 good quotes?
1. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
2. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
3. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
4. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
5. “If it’s both terrifying and amazing then you should definitely pursue it.” – Ernest Hemingway
What are some powerful sayings?
Some of the most powerful sayings include: “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent” by Eleanor Roosevelt; “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself” by Franklin D. Roosevelt; “Be the change that you wish to see in the world” by Mahatma Gandhi; and “An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind” by Mahatma Gandhi. These sayings have inspired generations of people around the world and continue to be relevant today.
Key Takeaways for Success
We hope that you found this list of success quotes helpful and that it gave you some extra motivation. When a success quote doesn’t do the trick here are a list of important reminders and helpful tips on how to be successful:
1. Have a Positive Attitude
A positive outlook is essential to achieving success. Commit yourself to believing that you can do anything you set your mind to and focus on the positive in every situation.
2. Set Goals
Knowing what you want to achieve is essential for success. Make sure your goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely (SMART) so that you have concrete objectives to work towards.
3. Take Action
To be successful, it’s important to take action rather than simply dreaming about or talking about your dreams. Break down tasks into manageable steps and start working on them immediately instead of procrastinating.
4. Develop Your Skills
To reach success, it’s essential to continually develop and improve your skills. Take the time to learn new things and expand your knowledge base.
5. Remain Focused
Stay on track by focusing on one task at a time and keeping distractions to a minimum. Create an environment that is conducive to productivity so you can stay focused and motivated.
Success rarely comes easily or quickly, so it’s important to persevere even when faced with obstacles and challenges along the way. Have confidence in yourself and believe that you can overcome any obstacle if you try hard enough.
7. Celebrate Your Achievements
Achieving success is about more than just reaching goals – it’s also about recognizing your accomplishments along the way. Taking the time to celebrate your successes can help you stay motivated and keep striving for new goals.
Building relationships with like-minded individuals is a great way to learn, gain support, and grow your network of contacts. Get out there and make connections that could open doors to future opportunities.
9. Reflect and Adjust
Take the time to reflect on what has worked well or not so well in achieving your goals and adjust your approach accordingly. This will help you make progress more quickly and efficiently by learning from past experiences.
10. Believe in Yourself
Above all else, remember to believe in yourself and know that success is achievable if you are willing to put in the effort! When times get tough, focus on what you’re capable of and keep striving for the best.