We partner with bada$$ companies that offer products that help our readers achieve their goals! If you purchase through our partner links, we get paid for the referral at no additional cost to you! Read our disclosure for more info.
Finding motivation can be hard, especially for entrepreneurs. It takes a lot of grit and determination to build something from the ground up and make it successful.
Most successful entrepreneurs know that the road can be lonely and it can be filled with a lot of failure before finding what really works.
Others don’t always understand your path, so it can help to hear some entrepreneur quotes from others who have walked that path.
Quotes from entrepreneurs who have been there before you can provide invaluable insight into what success looks like as well as guidance on how to get there.
Sometimes, your mindset makes all the difference.
Here are 95 quotes for entrepreneurs that will help you stay motivated while pursuing your own success:
95 Entrepreneurship Quotes to Inspire You
A true entrepreneur doesn’t let anything get in their way. The biggest motivation often comes from within yourself.
Motivating Quotes for Entrepreneurs
Whether you’re trying to start a successful business or push past your current obstacles, these quotes should help.
1. “Successful entrepreneurship starts with believing in yourself and your vision.” – Sara Blakely, Founder of Spanx
2. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney, Founder of Disney
3. “The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now.” – Nolan Bushnell, American Businessman and Electrical Engineer
4. “Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations.” – Mae Jemison, American Engineer, Physician, and Former NASA Astronaut
5. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein, Nobel Prize in Physics recipient
6. “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” – Dharmesh Shah, Co-Founder of Hubspot
7. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney, Founder of Disney
8. “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” – Beverly Sills, American Soprano Singer
9. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer, Theologian, Writer, Humanitarian, Philosopher, and Physician
10. “The key to success is action, and the essential in action is perseverance.” – Sun Yat-Sen, Chinese Statesman, Physician, and Political Philosopher
Related: Motivational Quotes for Work
Entrepreneurship Quotes About Hard Work
The only way to achieve success is through hard work and dedication. As the saying goes, “nothing worth having comes easy.”
11. “I never dreamed about success; I worked for it.” – Estée Lauder, Co-Founder of Estée Lauder
12. “Ideas are easy; implementation is hard.” – Guy Kawasaki, American Marketing Specialist, Author, and Venture Capitalist
13. “If you’re not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” – Reid Hoffman, Entrepreneur, Venture Capitalist, and Author
14. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison, American Inventor and Businessman
15. “Success doesn’t necessarily come from breakthrough innovation but from flawless execution.” – Naveen Jain, Founder of InfoSpace
16. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn, Motivational Speaker and Author
17. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon, Founder of Vidal Sassoon
18. “Success is not application of a formula, but the result of hard work and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell, American Politician and Former Secretary of State
19. “Successful people keep moving; they make mistakes but never quit.” – Conrad Hilton, Founder of Hilton Hotels
20. “The path to success is paved with persistence and hard work.” – Arianna Huffington, Co-Founder of Huffington Post
Entrepreneurship Quotes About Character
It takes strong character to achieve success. Having good character traits such as honesty, integrity, and determination can help entrepreneurs stay motivated to achieve their dreams.
21. “Success is not what you have, but who you are.” – Bo Bennet, Entrepreneur and Author
22. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it.” – Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
23. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates, Co-founder of Microsoft
24. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs, Co-Founder of Apple Inc.
25. “There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.” – Jason Fried
26. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
27. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
28. “Successful entrepreneurs have an unquenchable passion for their business and a strong desire to succeed.” – Richard Branson, Founder of the Virgin Group
29. “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely, Founder of Spanx
30. “Success isn’t about how much money you make; it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama
31. “Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions.” – Mark Cuban, Owner of the Dallas Mavericks
32. “We led with our conviction rather than rational because rational said it was impossible.” – Daniel Ek, Co-Rounder of Spotify
Quotes About Courage in Entrepreneurship
Failure is a part of life, particularly when it comes to running a business. It’s normal to feel disappointment and fear during these times, but it takes courage to push past failures and keep striving for success.
33. “I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey, American Talk Show Host and TV Producer
34. “The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well.” – John D. Rockefeller, Oil Magnate, and Philanthropist
35. “Your success depends mainly upon what you think of yourself and whether you believe in yourself.” – William J. H. Boetcker, Religious Leader and Influential Public Speaker
36. “Successful entrepreneurs are not afraid to take risks and think outside the box.” – Elon Musk, Founder and CEO of SpaceX
37. “Don’t be afraid of failure; use it to your advantage.” – Mark Zuckerberg, Co-Founder of Facebook
38. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt, Former U.S. President
39. “The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear.” – Brian Tracy, Canadian-American Author and Speaker
40. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill, Author of Think and Grow Rich
41. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart, American Aviation Pioneer
42. “You have to be willing to take risks and not be afraid of the possibility of failure in order to succeed.” – Steve Wozniak, Co-Founder of Apple Inc.
Related: Best Motivating Money Quotes
Entrepreneur Mindset Quotes
Having a positive mindset is an essential part of success in any field—especially entrepreneurship. Here are some quotes to motivate and inspire you in your own business.
43. “Successful entrepreneurs see opportunities instead of obstacles.” – Mark Cuban, Investor and Owner of the Dallas Mavericks
44. “The secret to successful entrepreneurship is having a growth mindset: no matter how much you know, there’s always something new to learn and do better.” – Guy Kawasaki
45. “The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity.” – Peter Drucker, Austrian-American Management Consultant and Author
46. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” – Scott Belsky, CEO of Behance
47. “The successful entrepreneur has the ability to take calculated risks, innovate and think outside the box.” – Steve Jobs, Co-Founder of Apple Inc.
48. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky, Former NHL Player
49. “Successful entrepreneurs have the courage to believe in themselves and their ideas, even when other people doubt them.” – Jack Ma, Co-Founder of Alibaba
50. “Whatever you do, don’t play it safe. Don’t do things the way they’ve always been done. Don’t try to fit the system. If you do what’s expected of you, you’ll never accomplish more than others expect.” – Howard Schultz, Former CEO of Starbucks
51. “Entrepreneurs are driven by passion, not money.” – Elon Musk, Founder and CEO of SpaceX
52. “Successful entrepreneurs know that the only limits are the ones they place on themselves.” – Bill Gates, Co-founder of Microsoft
53. “The most valuable asset you have is your mind and what you put into it.” – Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
54. “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes — understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington, Co-Founder of The Huffington Post
Creative Entrepreneur Quotes
Creativity is an essential ingredient for success, and some of the world’s most influential entrepreneurs have shared their insights on how important creativity is to achieving success.
55. “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.” – Richard Branson, Founder of the Virgin Group
56. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker, Austrian-American Management Consultant and Author
57. “One of the huge mistakes people make is that they try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passions; your passions choose you.” – Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon
58. “An entrepreneur is someone who jumps off a cliff and builds a plane on the way down.” – Reid Hoffman, Co-Founder of LinkedIn
59. “Make each day your masterpiece.” – John Wooden, American Basketball Coach and Player
60. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman, Co-Founder of LinkedIn
61. “Successful entrepreneurs solve problems with creative solutions.” – Mark Zuckerberg, Co-founder of Facebook
62. “It’s not about money or connections—it’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone when it comes to your business.” – Mark Cuban, Investor and Owner of the Dallas Mavericks
63. “The golden rule for every businessman is this: Put yourself in your customer’s place.” – Orison Swett Marden, Author
64. “The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake—you can’t learn anything from being perfect.” – Adam Osborne, Founder of Osborne Computers
65. “If you don’t have a competitive advantage, don’t compete.” – Jack Welch, Former Chairman and CEO of General Electric
66. If we tried to think of a good idea, we wouldn’t have been able to think of a good idea. You just have to find the solution for a problem in your own life.” – Brian Chesky, co-founder of Airbnb
Entrepreneur Quotes About Leadership
Leaders have been inspiring us for centuries, and their words often stay with us long after they said them. Here are some powerful quotes from leaders of the present and past.
67. “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” – Warren Bennis, American Scholar and Author
68. “I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist.” – Virginia Rometty, Former President and CEO of IBM
69. “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” – Lao Tzu, Chinese Taoist Philosopher
70. “Leadership is not about titles, positions, or flowcharts. It is about one life influencing another.” – John C. Maxwell, American Author and Speaker
71. “The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant.” – Jim Rohn, Motivational Speaker and Author
72. “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” – Rosalynn Carter, American Writer and Activist
73. “Leadership is more than just being in charge. It’s about taking charge and taking care of those in your charge.” – Simon Sinek, American Author and Inspirational Speaker
74. “As a leader, it’s a major responsibility on your shoulders to practice what you preach.” – Ratan Tata, Indian Industrialist and Philanthropist
75. “Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” – Sheryl Sandberg, Business Executive and Former CEO of Meta Platforms
76. “The secret to successful hiring is this: Look for the people who want to change the world.” – Marc Benioff, Founder and CEO of Salesforce
Powerful Business Mindset Quotes
These quotes will help inspire, motivate, and encourage success, as well as provide wisdom for difficult times.
77. “Always deliver more than expected.” – Larry Page, American Entrepreneur and Computer Scientist
78. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister From 1940-1945
79. “Successful entrepreneurs don’t just see problems — they see opportunities.” – Mark Cuban, Investor and Owner of the Dallas Mavericks
80. “I’m not afraid of failing. I’m afraid of succeeding at something that doesn’t matter.” – Bono, Irish Singer-Songwriter in U2
81. “Success isn’t about the end result, it’s about what you learn along the way.” – Sheryl Sandberg, Business Executive and Former CEO of Meta Platforms
82. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” – Steve Jobs, Co-Founder of Apple Inc.
83. “Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t so you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t.” – Unknown
84. “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell, American Author and Speaker
85. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller, Oil Magnate, and Philanthropist
86. “The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.” – Kenneth Blanchard, Author and Management Expert
87. “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.” – Ingvar Kamprad, Founder of IKEA
88. “As a founder, lay all the possible scenarios — from best to worst — in front of you, so you don’t get surprised when something happens.” – Brian Wong, Co-Founder of Kiip
Entrepreneurship Quotes About Perseverance
Perseverance is the determination to continue despite setbacks and challenges and is often what sets entrepreneurs apart from those who give up when the going gets tough.
89. “If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds.” – Jesse Jackson, American Political Activist and Minister
90. “There’s this joy that comes from sitting down to solve a problem and standing up when it’s done and good. Building a company or managing people is never just done.” – Drew Houston, Co-Founder and CEO of Dropbox
91. “Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day’s success.” – Israelmore Ayivor, Youth Leadership Coach and Entrepreneur
92. “Success is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.” – Colin Powell, American Politician and Former Secretary of State
93. “As a CEO, I am finding that I have to become a learning CEO. I have to go to school all the time because I am learning new skills that I need to run this company and I am realizing that I am not equipped to just coast. I have to constantly renew my skills.” – Indra Nooyi, Former CEO of Pepsi
94. “If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar, Motivational Speaker
95. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela, Apartheid Activist and Former President of South Africa
96. “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister From 1940-1945
97. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs, Co-Founder of Apple Inc.
98. “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” – Julie Andrews, English Actress, Singer, and Author
FAQs About Entrepreneur Quotes
What is the motto of an entrepreneur?
A good example of a motto of an entrepreneur is “work hard, stay focused, and never give up.” It emphasizes the importance of dedication and perseverance in order to achieve success. Entrepreneurs are driven, innovative individuals who are willing to take risks and seek out opportunities in order to create something new or solve a problem.
What makes a good entrepreneur quote?
Good entrepreneur quotes are inspiring, thought-provoking, and meaningful. They provide insight into the mindset of entrepreneurs who have been successful, providing motivation to persevere in the face of challenges. Good entrepreneur quotes can be humorous, inspirational, or wise and should be shared with colleagues and peers to help foster a culture of growth and ambition. Examples of popular entrepreneur quotes include: “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing” (Walt Disney) and “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs” (Dhirubhai Ambani).
What are the best business quotes?
The best business quotes come from some of the most successful people in the world. Some great examples include: “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” – Henry Ford, and “If you don’t drive your business, you will be driven out of business.” – B. C. Forbes
What is a positive quote for a business owner?
“The key to success is to focus on goals, not obstacles.” This positive quote emphasizes the importance of staying focused and motivated in order to achieve success as a business owner. It also reminds us that no matter how hard something may seem, it’s important to stay driven and motivated, and not to be discouraged by any obstacles that may arise.
Key Takeaways: Entrepreneurship Quotes
We hope that these quotes from entrepreneurs and other successful people will help you stay focused and motivated on your journey.
Here are a few helpful reminders of what being successful is all about.
- Successful people have a clear vision of what they want to accomplish and the dedication and confidence to make it happen.
- Hard work is essential, but working smarter is important too – find ways to be efficient and maximize your efforts.
- Taking risks is a part of the game if you want to be successful – don’t let fear hold you back from going after your goals.
- Surround yourself with positive people who can help lift you up when you need it most.
- Don’t forget to take care of yourself, as entrepreneurship can be mentally and physically draining at times – stay rested and healthy for optimal success!
- Believe in yourself and never give up. The best entrepreneurs know that success comes from persisting even in the face of adversity.
These quotes remind us that entrepreneurship is a long and difficult journey, but one that can be incredibly rewarding if we stay focused and motivated.
By taking risks, working hard, and believing in yourself, you can make your dreams of running a successful business a reality.
Don’t forget to celebrate success along the way.