We partner with bada$$ companies that offer products that help our readers achieve their goals! If you purchase through our partner links, we get paid for the referral at no additional cost to you! Read our disclosure for more info.
We all need a little pick-me-up now and then, especially when life throws us curveballs. Sometimes, all you need are some short inspirational quotes to pick you up.
Even a little boost of encouragement and motivation can give us the boost we need in our daily lives and help us stay focused on what really matters.
In this blog post, you’ll find 75 short positive quotes to help inspire your day!
These motivational quotes come from some of the world’s greatest minds – people who have achieved amazing things throughout history despite any obstacles they may have faced.
75 Short Inspirational Quotes to Motivate You
Whether you are starting a new business, a new job, or just feel like you need some pep in your step, these motivational quotes are great for any occasion.
Short Inspirational Quotes About Life
These motivational quotes about life will help you step back and look at the bigger picture.
1. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “In any given moment we have two options: To step forward into growth or back into safety.”
– Abraham Maslow
Abraham Maslow was a prominent American psychologist and philosopher best known for creating Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, which outlined the key elements for self-actualization.
3. “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
– Ronald Reagan
4. “Life isn’t about finding yourself; life is about creating yourself.”
– George Bernard Shaw
5. “Make each day your masterpiece.”
– John Wooden
6. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
– Winston Churchill
7. “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.”
– Dennis Kimbro
Dennis Kimbro was a successful author and motivational speaker who is best known for his books Think and Grow Rich and The Wealth Choice, which have been credited with helping millions of people achieve their financial goals.
8. “Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being.”
– Kevin Kruse
9. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.”
– Vivian Greene
10. “You only live once, but if done right, once should be enough.”
– Mae West
11. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
Short Inspirational Quotes About Success
The following quotes are all about business and success. Reading books about business will also help give you a boost of motivation.
One of my favorites when I first started blogging for money was The Millionaire Fast Lane.
12. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
13. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
14. “In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.”
– Nikos Kazantzakis
Nikos Kazantzakis was a Greek novelist, poet, playwright, and philosopher known for his exploration of existential themes. His works include Zorba the Greek and The Last Temptation of Christ.
15. “The key to success is to focus on goals, not obstacles.”
16. “Action is the foundational key to all success.”
– Pablo Picasso
17. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.”
– Steve Jobs
18. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.”
– Albert Schweitzer
Albert Schweitzer was a German theologian, missionary, Nobel Laureate, and physician who is renowned for his pioneering work in medical ethics.
19. “If you are afraid of failure, you don’t deserve success!”
– Naveen Jain
20. “Success comes in small steps; take your time and enjoy the journey.”
21. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.”
– Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill was a British statesman and Prime Minister who is widely regarded as one of the greatest wartime leaders of the 20th century. He successfully led the country through World War II and his leadership gave people hope in difficult times which ultimately helped Britain achieve victory over the Axis Powers.
22. “When something goes wrong, don’t go with it.”
– Rohit Pandey
23. “Good things happen to those who hustle.”
– Anais Nin
Anais Nin was a French-born American author and diarist whose work explored the topics of femininity, identity, and psychological development. Her works include The Diary of Anais Nin and the novels Collages and Delta of Venus.
Short Inspirational Quotes About Happiness
One of the best things about inspirational quotes is that they can help us reframe difficult situations and remind us to be grateful for the good things in our lives.
24. “You can’t be happy unless you’re unhappy sometimes.”
– Lao Tzu
25. “Happiness is not something ready-made, it comes from your own actions.”
– Dalai Lama XIV
26. “Successful people are action-oriented and they have bigger libraries than TV’s.”
– Jim Rohn
Jim Rohn was an American entrepreneur, author, and motivational speaker who is widely lauded for his successful career in business and personal development. His popular books on business and personal development include The Power of Ambition, 7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness, and The Art of Exceptional Living.
27. “Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product of a life well lived.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
28. “The secret to happiness is freedom… And the secret to freedom is courage.”
29. “Happiness is the only thing that multiplies when you share it.”
– Albert Schweitzer
30. “There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.”
– Thich Nhat Hanh
Thich Nhat Hanh was a Vietnamese Buddhist monk, teacher, author, and peace activist who is renowned for his pioneering work in mindfulness.
31. “Happiness is a choice; you can choose to be happy.”
32. “One way to find inner peace and happiness is by living in the moment.”
– Deepak Chopra
Deepak Chopra is an Indian-born American doctor, author, and public speaker who is best known for his books on alternative medicine, spirituality, and personal growth, including The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, The Path to Love, and Ageless Body Timeless Mind.
33. “Happiness is only real when shared.”
– Into the Wild
Into the Wild is a 1996 book by Jon Krakauer that chronicles the journey of Christopher McCandless, a young American man who traveled to Alaska in search of adventure and self-discovery.
Short Inspirational Quotes About Taking Action
Sometimes, when we feel stuck, all we need is that little push to keep going. Every step forward is progress.
34. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act; the rest is merely tenacity.”
– Amelia Earhart
35. “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.”
– Randy Pausch
Randy Pausch was an American professor, author, and speaker who is best known for his inspiring 2006 lecture, “The Last Lecture,” in which he discussed his views on life and death.
36. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.”
– Zig Ziglar
37. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
– Chinese Proverb
38. “If you want something, go out and get it.”
– Oprah Winfrey
39. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started!”
– Mark Twain
40. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”
– Milton Berle
Milton Berle was an American comedian, actor, and writer who is best known as the ‘King of Comedy’ for his role in pioneering television comedy in the 1950s. He was also known for his signature phrase “The Future’s So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades!”
41. “No matter how small you start, always dream big.”
42. “Do one thing every day that scares you”.
– Eleanor Roosevelt
43. “The mind is everything. What you think you become.”
44. “Start where you are, use what you have, and make something beautiful!”
– Robert Collier
Robert Collier was an American author and publisher whose works in self-improvement, spirituality, and success have inspired countless people around the world.
Short Inspirational Quotes About Goals and Achievements
Inspiration encourages us to reach our goals and can give us the courage and motivation to take action. It can help us establish a mindset of possibilities and success!
Some of these popular quotes also make our list of quotes about money!
45. “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.”
– C.S. Lewis
46. “Dream big and dare to fail.”
– Norman Vaughan
47. “If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old.”
– Peter Drucker
Peter Drucker was an Austrian-born American management consultant, educator, and author. He is considered a pioneer in the field of management and is credited with co-creating the discipline of modern management.
48. “If it comes easy, it will go fast.”
– Andrena Sawyer
49. “Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement.”
– W. Clement Stone
50. “A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
– Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
51. “Every great achievement was once considered impossible.”
– Tony Robbins
Tony Robbins is an American life coach, motivational speaker and self-help author who has achieved tremendous success in helping people reach their potential through his best-selling books, including Unshakeable and Awaken the Giant Within.
52. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.”
– Joshua J Marine
53. “Always aim for achievement and forget about success.”
– Helen Hayes
54. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
– Wayne Gretzky
55. “The harder you work, the luckier you get.”
– Gary Player
Gary Player is a South African professional golfer and business executive who is considered one of the greatest golfers in the history of the sport.
Short Inspirational Quotes About Never Giving Up
Inspirational quotes can provide us with the much-needed reassurance that we are not alone in our struggles. They remind us of the power of perseverance, no matter what we are facing.
56. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
– Martin Luther King Jr.
57. “Don’t be afraid to fail; be afraid not to try.”
– Michael Jordan
58. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
– Babe Ruth
59. “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up again.”
– Vince Lombardi
Vince Lombardi was an American football coach who is widely regarded as one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. He led the Green Bay Packers to multiple championships and is credited with popularizing the phrase, “Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.”
60. “I have not failed, I just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
– Thomas Edison
61. “Fall seven times. Stand up eight.”
– Japanese Proverb
62. “It always seems impossible until it’s done”
– Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela was a South African anti-apartheid revolutionary, political leader, and philanthropist who served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999. He is an iconic figure in world history who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993 for his work towards ending apartheid and promoting racial reconciliation.
63. “If you want something, don’t give up until you get it.”
64. “If you want to succeed, double your failure rate.”
– Thomas J. Watson
Thomas J. Watson was an American industrialist and businessman who is best known as the Chairman and CEO of IBM during the company’s immense period of growth in the 1950s and 1960s. He is credited with helping to build IBM into one of the most successful corporations in history.
65. “Great things come from hard work and perseverance.”
– Kobe Bryant
Short Inspirational Quotes About Confidence
When we feel stuck, overwhelmed, or uncertain, it can be just a small matter of confidence that can make all the difference.
66. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
– George Eliot
George Eliot was an English novelist, poet, and journalist who is best known for her novels such as Middlemarch and Silas Marner. He was successful due to his ability to convey complex ideas through his writing in a simple yet effective way. His powerful words inspired courage, confidence, and hope in those who read them.
67. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
68. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
69. “If you can dream it, you can do it!”
– Walt Disney
70. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts!”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
71. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities!”
– Norman Vincent Peale
Norman Vincent Peale was an American minister, author, and motivational speaker who championed positive thinking and was highly successful in helping people reach their goals through his best-selling book, “The Power of Positive Thinking.”
72. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”
– Albert Einstein
73. “You must do the things you think you cannot do.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
74. “It’s never too late to start again and be who you want to be.”
– Shannon L. Alder
Shannon L. Alder is an acclaimed self-help author, motivational speaker, and life coach whose best-selling books, have helped people overcome self-doubt and learn to live life with purpose and passion. Her most famous book is 300 Questions to Ask Your Parents Before It’s Too Late.
75. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
– Theodore Roosevelt
Short Inspirational Quotes: Summary
Motivational quotes offer an opportunity for wisdom, insight, and reflection and can help to put life into perspective.
A few words of inspiration and quotes about life can provide a much-needed boost of motivation or enthusiasm when faced with a challenge.
Many great minds have shared their own inspiring words, from ancient philosophers to modern celebrities, there is an endless supply of inspiring quotations that offer insightful advice.
We hope that these short inspirational quotes for various occasions throughout life are able to empower you and uplift your spirits.
Whether used in speeches, writing projects, or personal reflections, these wise words are sure to spur thought and action!