We partner with bada$$ companies that offer products that help our readers achieve their goals! If you purchase through our partner links, we get paid for the referral at no additional cost to you! Read our disclosure for more info.
Looking for free WordPress hosting for your website? You’ve come to the right place because we’re sharing 15 places to host a site for free!
We’ll do a deep dive into each place covering who it’s best for, the key features, and our opinion of the platform overall.
Then, we’ll get into some frequently asked questions about free WordPress hosting services to tell you what you really need to know about using free hosting for a website.
You’ll notice that we also have a section for “Pricing” for each free WordPress hosting service.
Free hosting is rarely ever free for long. Companies will lure you in with the promise of free hosting and then wait for you to upgrade when the free plan is insufficient.
That’s why we personally recommend going for a great, reliable, low-cost, and beginner-friendly hosting service for your WordPress site like Bluehost to start off with.
But we’ll let you go through these options for free hosting and you can see what you think!
Let’s get into it!
What Are the Best Free WordPress Hosting Services?
Best for: Beginners who want an all-in-one platform to create a website without needing to worry about hosting or technical setup
WordPress.com is a website builder and hosting platform that allows users to create and manage their own websites without any coding or technical knowledge.
It offers a user-friendly interface and a range of free website templates and customization options to make designing a website easy and accessible to everyone.
- Wide range of templates and customization options to create a unique website design
- Built-in SEO optimization to improve website visibility and search engine ranking
- Integrated social media sharing options to promote your content
- Mobile-responsive design to ensure your website looks great on any device
- Instant access to several WordPress features since it’s actually owned by WordPress, unlike any of the other options on this list.
WordPress.com offers a free plan with limited features, as well as several paid plans with more advanced features and customization options. The pricing plans are as follows:
- Free plan: limited features and basic customization options
- Personal plan: $4/month, includes a custom domain name and advanced design options
- Premium plan: $8/month, adds more storage space and advanced customization options
- Business plan: $25/month, includes advanced e-commerce features and the ability to install third-party plugins and themes
- eCommerce plan: $45/month, includes all the features of the Business plan and adds more advanced e-commerce features such as payment gateways and shipping options.
WordPress.com is best suited for beginners who want a user-friendly and accessible platform to create and manage their own website
It is a great option for those who don’t have the technical knowledge and don’t want to worry about hosting or site maintenance.
However, for more advanced users or those who require specific customization options or third-party plugin integrations, WordPress.com may not be the best choice.
Best for: Beginners and those on a tight budget who need a free hosting service to launch a WordPress website
000webhost is a free hosting platform that can host WordPress websites as well as other drag-and-drop website builder options.
It offers a range of features to make website creation and management easy and accessible, as well as a user-friendly interface.
- Free hosting with no ads
- 300 MB of Disk Space
- One-click WordPress installation
- Custom control panel for easy management of your website
- Free 000webhost short domain (or you can add your own)
- 24/7 customer support
000webhost offers a free hosting plan with limited features, including 300MB of storage.
They also offer several premium plans which offer more advanced features and increased bandwidth and storage at every tier with the most expensive tier clocking in at $14.99.
000webhost is best suited for beginners and those on a tight budget who need a free hosting service to launch their WordPress website.
Its user-friendly interface and one-click WordPress installation make it easy to get started, and its drag-and-drop website builder allows for easy customization without any coding or technical knowledge.
However, the limited storage and bandwidth may not be suitable for larger websites or those with high traffic. Additionally, its free plan has some restrictions, such as a lack of SSL and daily backups.
3. AccuWeb Hosting
Best for: Professionals and businesses that need high-quality, reliable web hosting with advanced features.
AccuWeb Hosting is a web hosting provider that offers a range of hosting services, including free WordPress hosting.
The company is known for its high-quality hosting services and advanced features, making it a popular choice for professionals and businesses.
With AccuWeb Hosting, you can enjoy fast and reliable hosting with 24/7 customer support.
- Pure SSD Drives, Blazingly Fast Websites
- cPanel Control Panel, PHP7, and HTTP/2 Support
- Highly Secured & WP Optimized
- Ultrafast Free WordPress Hosting
- Multi-Layer DDoS Protection
- 2 GB SSD Storage
- 30 GB Bandwidth
- 768 MB RAM
AccuWeb Hosting offers a free WordPress hosting plan with limited features, including 2GB SSD storage and 30GB monthly bandwidth.
They also offer a range of paid hosting plans with more features, including shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated server hosting. Starting at $6.99 per month.
The Accuweb hosting free account is a great option for those who are just getting started with a new website, but the paid hosting plans offer more features and resources for larger websites with high traffic.
Best for: People who don’t want to give a credit card to a company, but want a website online fast
GoogieHost is a hosting company that offers both paid and free hosting plans. Their free plan provides a reliable free service for beginners or those looking for a low-cost option.
- NVMe SSD Based Web Hosting
- Free Short Subdomain Name
- Premium SitePad Website Builder
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate
- No Ads on Your Website
- 460+ Scripts available for purchase
Premium plans start at $2.50/month with features such as more storage, unlimited email accounts, and a free domain name.
And, the additional paid scripts are helpful if you want to get your feet wet with apps like Nibbleblog, Pebble, Drupal, Open Real Estate, and many others.
Overall, we like that you don’t have to provide a credit card and can get your website up and running fast.
We also like that you can purchase several one-time fee add-ons to expand your website’s capabilities with ease.
Best for: Beginners and small businesses who need a user-friendly option with affordable upgrade plans for their free service
AwardSpace is a web host that offers a range of hosting services, including free WordPress hosting services, shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated server hosting.
Their services are designed to be user-friendly and affordable, making them a popular choice for beginners and small businesses.
With AwardSpace, you can easily set up a website with reliable hosting and helpful customer support.
- Host up to 4 websites for free
- Includes 1 free domain name
- 99.9% Network Uptime
- CMS Installer
- Web-Based File Manager
- 100% Ad-Free
- 24/7 Customer Support
AwardSpace offers a free service with limited features, including 100 MB Disk Space and 5 GB monthly bandwidth. They also offer a range of paid hosting plans, including shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated server hosting.
Their paid plans are affordable starting at just $4.99/month, and offer more resources and features than the free plan.
Overall, AwardSpace is a solid choice for those who need reliable web hosting with helpful support at an affordable price.
Best for: Those who are looking for a reliable and feature-rich free WordPress hosting service
Biz.nf is a hosting provider that offers a free WordPress hosting plan that includes features like 1000 MB of web space, 5000 MB of bandwidth, 1 MySQL database, PHP 7.4, and free subdomain hosting.
The platform also offers a user-friendly control panel and website builder, making it easy for beginners to get started.
- 1000 MB of web space
- 5000 MB of bandwidth
- 1 MySQL database
- PHP 7.4
- Free subdomain hosting
- User-friendly control panel
- Free website builder
Biz.nf offers a completely free WordPress hosting plan with no hidden fees or charges. The personal plan is $4.95/month and offers unlimited web space and unlimited data transfer.
With 1000 MB of web space, 5000 MB of bandwidth, and a user-friendly control panel, this free hosting plan can be a great option for those who are just starting out with WordPress.
The paid plan at less than $5/month is a steal for its unlimited web space and a free domain for the first year.
Best for: Beginners and small business owners who are looking for a simple and reliable free web hosting service
100WebSpace is a web host that offers a simple and user-friendly interface that makes it easy to get started and manage your website.
With 100WebSpace, you can host your website for free and enjoy reliable service, ample storage, and bandwidth.
- Free web hosting plan with no setup fees or hidden costs
- 100MB of storage and 3GB of bandwidth per month
- Multilingual Control Panel
- Free email accounts with webmail access
- 24/7 customer support
100WebSpace offers a free service plan with limited features, including 100MB of storage and 3GB of monthly bandwidth.
They also offer several premium hosting plans that provide more features, storage, and bandwidth. Pricing for paid plans begins at just $0.99/month.
100WebSpace is best suited for beginners and small website owners who are looking for a simple and reliable free web hosting service, but that has inexpensive upgrade options when you’re ready for more features.
Best for: Beginners who want a simple option with no fuss for building a website
Byet.host is a hosting provider that offers everything a beginner needs except a custom domain. However, they do provide free subdomains just like many of the other options on this list.
- Free FTP, PHP 5.3, MySQL
- The Automatic Script Installer
- 1000 MB (one gigabyte!) Disk Space
- FTP account and File Manager
- Control Panel
- MySQL databases & PHP Support
- Free tech support
- Addon domain, Parked Domains, Sub-Domains
- Free Community Access (Forums)
- Clustered Servers
- No ads
Though you can get a free plan with the features mentioned above, if you choose to upgrade, plans begin at just $4.99 per month and feature 250 GB per month and the option to add up to 20 domains to your account.
Byet.host’s premium plans are where this company really shines because they offer a lot of features for the cost.
However, Bluehost has similar features and charges less. Still, like most of the options in this list, if all you want is a free WordPress site, Byet.host will get the job done.
Best for: Beginners, non-profits, and small businesses looking for a free WordPress hosting service with managed hosting, reliable uptime, and 24/7 technical support
CloudAccess is a managed Joomla and WordPress hosting solution that offers a range of features and benefits, including easy site setup, reliable uptime, MySQL Access, and FTP Access.
- Free website setup and migration
- Free subdomain
- FDree training
- Free SSL
- 500 MB Space
- 1 CPU/1 GB RAM
- MySQL Access
- FTP Access
Paid plans start at $6/month and offer unlimited bandwidth, 20 GB Disk Space, 2 GB RAM, Free subdomain, 2 CPU Cores, and Unlimited Email Addresses.
CloudAccess is an excellent option for beginners, non-profits, and small businesses looking for a reliable and managed Joomla or WordPress hosting service.
With its easy site setup, reliable uptime, 24/7 support, and host of features, CloudAccess offers great value for its price.
10. Free Hosting
Best for: People that want free WordPress hosting for a website with unlimited visitors
Free Hosting allows for an unlimited amount of traffic to your website with no slowdowns of load time. It’s also ad-free with unlimited availability.
Additionally, you can get free email addresses with your free website, albeit to a freehosting.com email address.
- Own domain hosting
- 10 GB disk space
- Unmetered bandwidth
- 1 free email account
- 1 MySQL database
- Compatible with Linux / Apache / PHP / MySQL
The Free Hosting paid plan is $7.99 and gives you unlimited disk space and bandwidth, unlimited hosted websites, unlimited email accounts, unlimited MySQL databases, and unlimited subdomains with an SSL included.
And, there are options for add-ons that are billed once, rather than subscription-based such as an SSL, PHPmail, shell access, and more.
If you’re looking for a free site that allows for unlimited visitors and is compatible with Linux, Apache, PHP, and/or MySQL, this is the option for you.
11. Free Hosting No Ads
Best for: Small website owners or beginner bloggers looking for free hosting without any ads
Just like it sounds, Free Hosting No Ads is a web hosting provider that offers a free, no-advertising hosting plan for users to host their WordPress websites.
- 1 GB disk space
- 5 GB bandwidth
- One-click installer for WordPress, Joomla, and other CMS platforms
- PHP, MySQL, and cPanel support
- Free subdomain or the ability to use your own domain
- No forced ads or banners
- Free app installer
- Instant account activation
Keep an eye out for sales because when the website is offering a sale, you can get premium options on Free Hosting No Ads for just $0.50/month. Otherwise, you can pay $60-$120 a year.
Fast, free, easy to build? What’s not to love? It’s also hard to ignore that amazing offer that apparently comes up pretty regularly for just $0.50/month.
If you are going to use one of their paid plans, hold out until it’s available.
Best for: People who like chocolate – no really, that’s what they call their free plan – the Chocolate Plan! Otherwise, it’s a lot like most of the other options on this list.
While many of the options on this list limit you to one free site per account, you can host 5 custom domain names for free on Freehostia. The catch? They will all have a Freehostia domain.
- 5 Hosted Domain(s)
- 250MB Disk Space
- 6GB Monthly Traffic
- 3 Email Accounts
- 1 MySQL v.5 Databases
- 10MB MySQL Storage
FreeHostia’s paid plans begin at just $2.95 a month. At that pricing tier you’ll enjoy 10 custom domain names for multiple WordPress sites, 500 GB disk space, 100 email accounts, 50 GB monthly traffic, and more.
Each additional tier comes with additional features.
Overall, Freehostia is a solid choice for individuals and small businesses looking for a low-cost or free hosting plan with essential features.
Best for: People that want a WordPress site with a guaranteed 99.9% uptime.
InfinityFree is an ideal choice for beginners who are just starting with website development
It provides a user-friendly interface and easy-to-use control panel, making it easy to set up and manage a website without any technical knowledge.
- 99.9% Uptime
- “Fastest Free Hosting”
- 5 GB Disk space
- Unlimited hosting with no time limits
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 400 MySQL Databases
- PHP 7.4
- MySQL 5.7
- Full .htaccess support
- Free Subdomain Names
- Free SSL on all your domains
- Free DNS Service
InfinityFree is owned by the Premium web hosting website iFastNet, so there are no paid plans available directly on Infinity Free.
InfinityFree’s free WordPress hosting plan is an excellent choice for beginners who want to get started with creating a website using WordPress that is fast and reliable.
Best for: People that don’t need a script installer or email hosting
WPNode boasts itself as the best free WordPress Hosting option available. While you can pay for premium options, the free plan can at least get you started.
- 1 Click WordPress Install
- 1 GB Disk Storage
- 10 GB Bandwidth
- Chat support
- 99.9% uptime guaranteed
Paid plans begin at $10.99 per month and feature 25 email addresses, a single website, Unlimited SSD Storage & Transfer, Easy cPanel Control Panel, and free SSL Certificate.
The Premium and Business plans feature unlimited websites and unlimited email accounts at $12.99 and $20.99 per month respectively.
Of the options on this list, WPNode offers the least amount of free features. You’re better off going with one of the other free choices.
Best for: Beginners that want unmetered bandwidth and disk space
x10Hosting provides free WordPress hosting services that include a range of features and add-ons, including website builders, email accounts, and more.
- Unmetered bandwidth and disk space
- Complete control to write your own PHP scripts
- Easy-to-use website builder
- Optimized cloud platform
Paid plans begin at just $3.95 per month and feature unlimited email addresses, disk space, and domains. They also come with a 24/7 dedicated ticket system for quick and reliable customer support.
x10Hosting is a great option for beginners or professionals who are looking for reliable and feature-rich free WordPress hosting providers that won’t stop working if you get too many visitors.
They believe that ridiculously low limits of most free hosting options prevent people from growing. And, by giving you unmetered bandwidth, their hope is you will grow to the point of being able to afford their premium plans.
Our Top Choice for FREE WordPress Hosting
Though there were a lot of options on this list, we have to go with WordPress.com for one simple reason – it’s owned by WordPress.
This tells you it’s not going anywhere. You won’t log on one day and find it has disappeared!
It’s also an OG in the internet game. Everyone recognizes it.
Even if you start your website there for free, people will be a lot more willing to visit mysite.wordpress.com than most of the other subdomains featured on this list.
But that being said, here are our favorites for runner-up:
Therefore, if they see a bunch of weird characters or names in a link, they will be a lot less likely to click it!
FAQs About Free WordPress Hosting
What is Free WordPress Hosting?
Free WordPress hosting is a type of web hosting that allows you to host your WordPress website on a server for free. You can use any of the options we shared above to start a WordPress website completely free.
What are the Benefits of Using Free Hosting for WordPress?
It’s free. It’s easy to get started. And, it’s a great way to test out WordPress before you commit to a paid hosting plan.
Why Would Anyone Pay for WordPress Hosting When You Can Get It Free?
While there are free hosting services available, there are several reasons why someone might choose to pay for hosting instead:
- Reliability: Free hosting services often have limited resources, which can result in slower load times and frequent downtimes. Paid hosting providers offer more reliable and consistent uptime and faster loading speeds.
- Better Performance: Paid hosting providers often have better hardware, software, and website security measures, which can result in better website performance and user experience.
- More Features: Paid hosting providers often offer more features and customization options than free web hosting services, which can give website owners more control over their website.
- Better Support: Paid hosting providers often offer dedicated support teams that can help with any technical issues or website-related problems.
- Custom Domain Name: With paid hosting, you can use your own domain name, which can help build your brand and make your website more professional-looking.
While a free hosting provider can be a good option for those on a limited budget or just starting out, paid hosting providers offer more reliable performance, better features, and dedicated support, making them a better option for those looking to create a professional-looking and reliable website.
How Can Hosting Providers Offer Free WordPress Hosting?
Hosting providers can offer free WordPress hosting by adopting different business models and strategies. The most common is the upsell.
Hosting providers may offer free WordPress hosting as a way to attract customers, and then offer premium services or upgrades to users who need more advanced features or support.
Because the free plans offer limited features, their hope is you will eventually get frustrated with those limitations and pay for a premium plan.
Others pay for their free hosting by placing ads on your website. The trouble is, these ads can sometimes be to your competitors!
You don’t really get a say in what ads show up on your free website, and since you aren’t paying for the hosting, you have no one to complain to.
Is Free WordPress Hosting Worth It?
Free WordPress hosting can be a good option if you’re just starting out and have a limited budget. However, there are several things to consider before choosing a free WordPress hosting provider:
- Limited Features: Free WordPress hosting services often come with limited features compared to paid hosting. You may have restricted access to free themes, plugins, and customization options.
- Unreliable Uptime: Free services usually have limited resources and can experience frequent downtimes, which can affect the user experience of your website.
- Slow Load Times: Free hosting providers often have slower servers, which can lead to slower load times for your website.
- Limited Support: A free website builder may not provide dedicated support, leaving you on your own to troubleshoot any issues.
- Limited Security: Free WordPress hosting providers may not provide adequate security measures, leaving your website vulnerable to attacks and data breaches.
That said, if you’re just starting out and have a limited budget, free WordPress hosting providers can be a good option.
However, if you want to have more control over your website and provide a better user experience, it’s worth investing in a paid hosting plan with more features and better support.
The Better Choice – Paid WordPress Hosting
We get it. A lot of people like the idea of free hosting.
Free WordPress hosting is ultimately not going to help you achieve your business or blogging goals. Your better bet is to purchase paid WordPress hosting and set up your website on WordPress.org NOT WordPress.com.
What’s the Difference Between WordPress.org and WordPress.com?
WordPress.org and WordPress.com are two different platforms that are both used to create and manage WordPress websites. Here are the key differences between the two:
- Hosting: WordPress.org requires you to find your own hosting and install WordPress software, while WordPress.com provides hosting and takes care of all the technical details for you.
- Customization: WordPress.org allows full customization of your website with the ability to install custom themes and plugins, while WordPress.com has some limitations on customization options.
- Monetization: WordPress.org allows you to monetize your website in any way you choose, while WordPress.com has some limitations on monetization options, especially on the free hosting account.
- Pricing: WordPress.org is free to use, but you need to pay for hosting, while WordPress.com has both free and paid plans with different features and pricing.
- Support: WordPress.org has a large community of users and developers who provide support and assistance through forums, documentation, and other resources. WordPress.com provides support through a help center, email, and live chat.
If you’re looking for complete control and flexibility over your website and don’t mind handling technical aspects like hosting, then WordPress.org is the better choice.
But if you prefer a more hassle-free experience with easy setup and management, then WordPress.com is the better option.
For further clarification, check out our post WordPress.com and WordPress.org: Free vs. Self-Hosted Blogs
Bottom Line: If You Want a Website, Choose a Paid Hosting Option
The thing about these best free WordPress hosting services is that they are rarely ever actually free.
They bring customers in with promises of free hosting and then wait for them to upgrade when the free plan isn’t sufficient.
While it may be tempting to opt for a free WordPress.com website, it’s worth paying for website hosting and using a WordPress.org site instead.
With WordPress.org, you have full control over your website, can customize it to fit your brand, and have complete control over SEO and ads. Plus, you can easily scale your website as your business grows.
By investing in a WordPress.org site, you are investing in the long-term success of your online presence.
Here are some resources that you can use to help you build your own WordPress website: